Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- NOTICE OF ELECTION OF PARISH COUNCILLORS Continue reading →
Details and forms in the below document:
- COFFEE AND MINCE PIES AT ST.GILES CHURCH. Tuesday 17th December 10-30 to 12 noon. Continue reading →
The Friends of St.Giles invite you along to a festive Christmas Coffee and Mince Pie morning. Starting at 10.30 until 12 noon come along and look at the wonderful floral decorations and Christmas decorations adorning the Church. The Church is always beautifully decorated at this time of the year so please come along and take a look and enjoy a coffee and mince pie.
- CHRISTMAS DAY SERVICE AT ST. GILES CHURCH. Continue reading →
Ther Service starts at 10.00am. Everyone welcome.
- CAROL SERVICE IN ST.GILES CHURCH Sunday 22nd December at 6.00pm. Continue reading →
Come along and join in the Christmas Carol service in St. Giles Church. As every year, the church will be beautifully decorated with Christmas themed flower arrangement, Christmas tree and evergreens. The choir has been practising for some time and the evening will be an opportunity to listen to the choir and join in singing Christmas Carols. This is a family service and everyone is welcome.
- CHIDEOCK COMMUNITY CAFE Friday 17th January 2020 Continue reading →
Friday 17th January 2020 from 2.00pm. Come along with friends or meet new ones. Everyone welcome. Tea/Coffee Cakes and Biscuits Available.
- JANUARY 2020 – FILM NIGHT ‘ROCKETMAN’ Continue reading →
CHIDEOCK HALL EVENT FILM NIGHT
TUESDAY 21st JANUARY 2020 7PM FOR 7.30PM
Young Reginald Dwight changes his name to Elton John and collaborates with singer-songwriter Bernie Taupin to become one of the most iconic figures in pop history. Set to his most beloved songs, it’s the epic musical story of Elton John, his breakthrough years in the 1970s and his fantastical transformation from shy piano prodigy to international superstar.
£7.00 Non Members … £5.00 Members … Membership £2
Tea/Coffee & Popcorn. Choc Ices on sale during the interval.
You can now buy a glass of wine!!!
- CHIDEOCK ART GROUP 2020 PROGRAMME Continue reading →
- Planting of a Rowan Tree in Memory of Kate Geraghty Continue reading →
It was lovely to see so many friends and family attend the tree planting in memory of Kate Geraghty in the Clapps Mead Playing Field on Saturday afternoon. The family had chosen a Rowan Tree and the plaque bearing the inscription ‘He who plants a tree – plants hope’ was placed near to the tree. Thank you to everyone who gave donations for the tree, tree guard and plaque.
Kate loved this park and as a Parish Councillor gave much time and energy to making it a safe and beautiful place for all. I remember so many events shared with Kate on this field – Bopper Bus Mini Fetes, Chideock Society Picnic in Park, Easter Egg hunts, Torchlight procession, Edwardian Games afternoon – the list is endless and all with Kate supporting with her usual abundant enthusiasm.
Around forty people gathered including family and friends. Lyn Crisp spoke a few words as did both Billy & Sean Geraghty – Kate’s sons. We can all watch this beautiful tree grow and remember Kate.
- SOUTH WEST TRAINS OVER CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR Continue reading →
Dear All, I am contacting you regarding the prospect of industrial action taking place on the South Western Railway network and the impact this could have on passengers in your local area.
The RMT union has called 28 days of strike action which will disrupt our train services throughout December. The action is due to commence on 2 December and last until the New Year.
I very much hope we can avoid the strikes happening at all and we’re still open to discussions with the RMT.
However, we are working very hard planning for how we keep our passengers moving if the strikes do go ahead.
This dispute centres around the role of guards on SWR’s trains. We have publicly promised that there will always be guards on our trains, helping deliver the train service passengers need and want, and that our guards will have a safety critical role.
All we’re asking is that our guards work with us to bring in our new trains, which our estimates show could mean over 10 million more passenger journeys arrive on-time in peak hours every year.
We still hope these promises will help avoid strike action. However, we are putting plans in place to keep as many passengers as possible moving throughout the strike should it proceed:
- By early next week we will publish downloadable, detailed timetables for services that will still be running during the strike, once these have been finalised. We will also be publishing some frequently asked questions to help passengers plan their journey
- We are working with other transport providers so as many tickets as possible can be accepted on other rail and bus networks
- We are committed to doing everything we can to provide people, business, councils, community groups and other organisations with the most detailed and up-to-date information we have and will be providing the latest travel information on our website
I don’t want this strike to happen. It doesn’t need to happen, and I hope the promises we’ve made to our guards will help reassure them that the strike is unnecessary.
However, if the strike does go ahead we will be doing everything we can to get our passengers to where they need to go in the run-up to Christmas and New Year.
We will provide you with regular updates as and when new information is available.
You can find the latest information at www.southwesternrailway.com/strike
Andy Mellors, Managing Director of South West Trains.
- DECEMBER 2019/JANUARY 2020 CHIDEOCK NEWS Continue reading →
Here’s the December/January 2020 Chideock News.
- CHIDEOCK WI 2020 PROGRAMME Continue reading →
Christmas Lunch at Bridport Golf Club
7th JANUARY 2020 – 2pm start
WI Resolutions and Fun Activity
4th FEBRUARY – 2pm start
Speaker: Sam Hanbury from Baboo Gelato
Competition: Homemade wine/alcohol
Raffle, Trading Stall and Flower of the month
3rd MARCH – 2pm start
Speaker: Carrie Gamble from Cupboard Love
Competition: Homemade Jam
Raffle, Trading Stall and Flower of the month
7th APRIL – 2pm start
Soup and a Roll Lunch followed by Fun Activity
Trading Stall and Flower of the month
For more info on Chideock WI, see our page on the Chideock and Seatown website.
- GREAT TURN OUT FOR LAST QUIZ OF THE YEAR! Continue reading →
Super turn out for our October Quiz Night in spite of the appalling weather.
Look forward to seeing everyone at our January 2020 Quiz
Thanks to all for excellent support John Tilley – Quiz Master.