Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- COMMUNITY CAFE IN THE VILLAGE HALL. FRIDAY 19TH JULY Continue reading →
FRIDAY 19th JULY 2019 From 2pm Come along with friends or meet new friends.
Tea/Coffee & Cakes/biscuits available
We look forward to seeing you!!
- FILM NIGHT IN THE VILLAGE HALL. 30TH JULY 7.00PM FOR 7-30PM Continue reading →
A working-class Italian-American bouncer becomes the driver of an African-American classical pianist on a tour of venues through the 1960s American South.
£7.00 Non Members … £5.00 Members … Membership £2
Tea/Coffee & Popcorn. Choc Ices on sale during the interval.
Wine on sale, bring your own Beer, Nibbles, Blankets !! Relax and Enjoy….
- ‘PARTY IN THE PARK’ a great success Continue reading →
PARTY IN THE PARK
To Commemorate Fields in Trust Day The Party in the Park was a great success with over £1,000 being taken by all the stalls for their different groups and charities. Over £100 was presented by way of the 10% to the Parish Council Community Fund which helps purchase new play equipment, football nets, etc., The weather was wonderful and the kids loved the egg and spoon race, sack race etc., cheered on by the crowd! Thanks to The Chideock Society for hosting this event.
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – JULY 2019 Continue reading →
Here’s the July 2019 Chideock News.
- “Scentenary”, Chideock WI Centenary Diffuser Continue reading →
This is the first photograph of the Chideock WI Centenary Diffuser, taken in the kitchen where it was imagined, researched, designed, mixed and ultimately produced. It is made of natural oils carefully researched with expert advice. The fragrance which we have named “Scentenary” in celebration of 100 years of the WI in our village, was selected by WI members from three which were initially developed, and the winner was then trialled for its lasting qualities. Members submitted designs for the label to reflect Chideock’s Jurassic Coast location. The glass bottle and packaging are recyclable, with the transparent wrapping and ribbon chosen to be plastic free and therefore more environmentally friendly. This is a limited production, priced at £12 to reflect the quality of the oils and the cost of similar commercial products.
Our “Scentenary” room diffuser makes an ideal special gift or keepsake and will be on sale at the Party in the Park on Saturday 6th July. Don’t miss out
For further information or to purchase contact Tish Wynford-Thomas (01297 489200) or Lee Ramsden (01297 480941)
- FICTION BOOKS WANTED – Continue reading →
My Book Box in my porch is getting a little empty! As you know for many years I have sold books from my porch for various charities. At the moment it is for The Dogs Trust. If you have any good condition ‘fiction’ books you wish to donate I would be very pleased to take them. Also any DVD’s. Please No encyclopedias. Please leave them at The Farmers Arms, Mill Lane – either in the front porch or around at the back porch. If you need me to collect please give me a ring on 01297 489098. Many thanks….Lyn Crisp – Editor.
- QUIZ NIGHT IN THE VILLAGE HALL – fRIDAY 26TH jULY Continue reading →July Quiz Evening, Friday 26th July 2019Already looking forward to welcoming you all to our next enjoyable Quiz eveningFriday 26th July 2019In the Village Hall715 for 730 PROMPT start£7pp at the doorTo include excellent scummy supperBYO Drinks and GlassesTeams a MAXIMUM of FOUR personsPrizes for top scoring FIVE tablesFabulous Raffle during supper timeLooking forward to seeing you all on the night anda very special hello and welcome to all new residents and visitors to the villageSee you thereJohn your QM for the eveningA very special request!! If any body could pop in at approx 630 to assist in putting out tables and chairsit would be a major help and very very much appreciated. J.
- CHIDEOCK CHATTERS – LIST OF EVENTS Continue reading →
Chideock Chatter’s is a group of ladies that meets to socialise and have fun.
Why not join us!
Here is a list of what is on this year.
Tues 21 May Pizza night @ The George
Thurs 20 June Walk & Dinner at Symondsbury
Thursday 8th Aug BBQ & Skittles @ Venn Farm North Chideock
Wed 18 Sept Pizza at The George
Sat 19 Oct Walk & Talk at West Bay and lunch @ Rise
Wed 11 Dec Rice & Spice curry meal and Christmas fun @
The Village Hall
firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 01297 489996 and we can add you to our list.
- SALISBURY DIOCESAN GUILD OF BELLRINGERS FEATURING CHIDEOCK BELLRINGERS WHO DIED IN WWI Continue reading →
PUBLICATION DATE: 1 MAY 2019
This Booklet has been produced after four years of commemorations across the Guild marking the centenary of the Great War. It is fully illustrated throughout and its cover is taken from an original artwork created for the Guild by Westbury artist Helen Chester (www.helenchesterarts.co.uk).
Contents include: Guild Memorial and Cathedral Commemorations, Ringers from the Diocese who Died (biographical details and details of ringing commemorations), Towers and Branches, The ‘Ypres Bells’, Other Commemorative Ringing and Events, Armistice Centenary and Post war. The Booklet also contains wartime extracts from Guild Reports and The Ringing World.
For the first time, in this publication, you will have in one place information that previously stood separately. The impact of the whole is all the more moving. Guild members and those from beyond will value and appreciate this Booklet both now and in years to come.
An extract from the Foreword to the Booklet by Nicholas Holtam, Bishop of Salisbury and Patron of the Guild.
Lest we forget, this history reminds us of real people and costly lives–people from our communities, our predecessors committed to ringing bells in towers where we now stand. It is good to know them by name and to recognise their significance for us today.
- YOGA IN THE VILLAGE HALL Tuesday mornings from 7th May 2019 Continue reading →
YOGA FOR BEGINNERS With Angie
CHIDEOCK VILLAGE HALL
TUESDAY MORNINGS 11.30am TO 1pm
£9 PER SESSION
FOR MORE INFORMATION PHONE
01297 489996 or just turn up!
All ages, men & women are welcome! Come and give it a go…
Warren House Bed and Breakfast Main Street Chideock Dorset DT6 6JW 01297 489 996 www.warrenhousechideock.co.uk
- HOLIDAY ACCOMMODATION FIRE RISK ASSESSMENT SERVICE Continue reading →
Do you own a holiday cottage in Chideock or the surrounding area? This fire risk assessment service, which is aimed specifically for holiday cottage accommodation, is offered by local Chideock-based business, Ignite South West, to help you and your guests stay safe with fire safety regulations.
20% discount for any owners with a holiday cottage in Chideock when quoting “FIRE STARTER”!
For more details:
- CHIDEOCK MANOR OPEN GARDENS. Continue reading →