Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – FEB 2019 Continue reading →
Here’s the February 2019 Chideock News.
- ROAD CLOSURE – NORTH CHIDEOCK 21-24th JANUARY Continue reading →
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984, TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE, CARTERS LANE, NORTH CHIDEOCK
DORSET COUNTY COUNCIL has issued a Notice under Section 14  of the Road Traffic Regulations Act 1984 as amended. All vehicles will be prohibited from proceeding along CARTERS LANE, NORTH CHIDEOCK from its junction with North Road to its junction with the A35, a distance of 1040 metres. The order is needed in order to comply with Health and Safety Regulations which require the provision of safe working areas and to minimise likelihood of danger to Highway Users. It will come into operation on the 21 January 2019 between 0800 and 1700 and remain in force for 5 days. However it is anticipated that the works will be completed by 24 January 2019.
Further details including map:
- FILM NIGHT IN THE VILLAGE HALL. JANUARY 29th 2019 Continue reading →
CHIDEOCK HALL EVENT
TUESDAY 29 JANUARY 2019
7PM FOR 7.30PM
In 1946 a London-based writer begins exchanging letters with residents on the island of Guernsey, which was German-occupied during WWII. Feeling compelled to visit the island, she starts to get a picture of what it was like during the occupation.
£7.00 Non Members … £5.00 Members … Membership £2
Tea/Coffee & Popcorn. Choc Ices on sale during the interval.
Wine on sale!
- QUIZ NIGHT IN CHIDEOCK FRIDAY 25TH JANUARY Continue reading →APOLOGIES TO ALL QUIZZERSMy fault completely, I put the wrong date for the January Quiz in the Chideock News, Correct details follow;FRIDAY 25th JANUARY QUIZ NIGHTVillage Hall 715pm for 730pm prompt start£7pp at the doorGeneral knowledge and very topical questionsReally good supper included, BYO drinks and glassesPrizes for top scoring FIVE teamsBumper post Christmas Raffle (draw at supper time)TEAMS A MAXIMUM OF FOUR PERSONSJohn Tilley – Question Master
- CHRISTMAS BIN COLLECTIONS TIMETABLE Continue reading →
- ROAD WORKS SEAHILL LANE FOR 4 WEEKS FROM 7TH JAN 2019 Continue reading →
There will be passing bay work in Sea Hill Lane taking place on 7th January 2019 for up to 4 weeks. The road will be closed Mon to Friday daytime but open in the evenings and overnight and open at weekends (unless an issue arises whereby we have to keep the road closed). This is to allow appropriate safety for the workforce and travelling public.
The alternative route during road closures is via Mill Lane and through Golden Cap Holiday Park following agreement with the owner. Diversion signage will be changed each morning and evening to ensure drivers follow the correct route. Signage and barriers will be used in the Holiday Park to ensure drivers keep to the designated route.
Please find attached the scheme plan and diversion route plan.
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – DEC/JAN 2019 Continue reading →
Here’s the December 2018/January 2019 Chideock News.
- Do you need a cleaner, dog sitter, dog walker? Call Crystal Shine Continue reading →My name is Crystal HinePhone number 07375488629I am able to provide house Cleaning services, commercial Cleaning and general help such as dog walking, dog sitting, shopping trips, getting to doctors appointments, washing, ironing and much more.I’m fully insured and DBS checked. I also work for 3 of the Chideock residents already.If you have any questions or need anymore information please let me know.Thanks for your time.Crystal Hine
- CHIDEOCK PLAYERS – LAST CALL! Continue reading →Chideock Players – a the recent AGM it was agreed that with regret the group has decided to disband.
We have so few people in the group that it is impossible to continue.
If anyone feels that they can contribute in such a way that the group can carry on please contact
Hilary Baker on 01297 489555 Val Hunt 01279 489305 , Catherine Batten firstname.lastname@example.org
- NEW NOTICEBOARD IN CLAPPS MEAD PLAYING FIELD ADJACENT TO MILL LANE Continue reading →
The Chideock & Seatown Community Website has funded a new Noticeboard which has been placed in the playing field adjacent to Mill Lane. At the moment we have decided to keep it locked as this is a ‘magnetic’ board and this time of year posters from outside of the village appear to be stapled-gunned onto boards. If anyone would like to put up a poster please either email it to me and I will print it off and display it or drop it through my letterbox at The Farmers Arms, Mill Lane. This community website makes a little profit from advertisers on the website and to date donations have been made to several village groups and local good causes. Many thanks to Lee Martin for his excellent craftmanship.
- BERTIE’S FUNDRAISING UPDATE Continue reading →
Fantastic news. The recent fundraising for Bertie has now reached an amazing £2,182.59
We’d like to thank everyone who has supported our fundraising raffle, fete and ‘Just Giving Page’
FINANCIAL ACCOUNT OF BERTIE FUNDRAISING:
Raffle ticket sales £689.00
Donation of prize £100.00
Just Giving Page (less fees) £850.00
Fete Fundraising (after outgoings) £461.59
Lyn’s Book Box £122.00
Less Licence fee for Raffle £40.00
TOTAL RAISED: £2,182.59
- BERTIE FUNDRAISING RAFFLE PRIZES RESULTS Continue reading →All the raffle prizes were generously donated by local businesses and individuals:
- 3 Night stay at pet-friendly Perry Hay Apartment, Chideock
- £100 donated by Bridport Cottages
- Seafood Platter for 2 at The Anchor, Burton Bradstock
- A boxed magnum of champagne donated by a lovely couple who enjoy Chideock as much as Bertie
- A beautiful gift box of Jessica manicure products worth £55 donated by a regular visitor of Chideock
- £25 voucher of your choice, donated by Chideock and Seatown Website
- 2 Main Meals at The George Inn, Chideock
- £10 Voucher for The Shed Hair and Beauty Boutique
- Doggie Hamper, made up by Fundraising Team
- £10 Voucher for Taylor’s Made Clothing/Crafts
- £10 Voucher for Taylor’s Dog Grooming
Won by Mrs G Wicks
Won by Mr A Sherwin
Won by Mr Studley of Yeovil
Won by ‘Dan’
Won by A Reynolds
Won by Mr & Mrs Speedy
Won by Mrs J Elliot
Won by C Nicholls
Won by Mr and Mrs G Coade
Won by Mr P Rumsby
Won by Mrs F Clift