Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- CHRISTMAS CAROL SERVICE AT ST.GILES CHURCH
The annual St.Giles Carol Concert will be held on Sunday 16th December at 6.pm Everyone welcome to this festive family carol concert.
- WHY NOT TRY BEAMINSTER CHRISTMAS SHOPPING? If you haven’t ticked all those boxes yet on your Christmas list, give Beaminster a try. Our neighbours have had a bit of a tough year with the bank heist so why not venture a little further than Bridport or Lyme and give them a helping hand.Continue reading →
Beaminster have a wonderful array of shops and boast a new addition to local shopping with a pop-up seasonal shop, Boarbarrow Gifts and Crafts, where decorations and gift ideas for all ages can be found, from felt toys to hand made Christmas wreaths. Read more ..
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – DEC/JAN 2019 Continue reading →
Here’s the December 2018/January 2019 Chideock News.
- A Big Thankyou from Bertie Hello Everyone, it’s Bertie here. I would just like to thank everyone who helped my mum raise money for my knee surgery.Continue reading →
It’s been 8 weeks now since I had my knee operation and I’m feeling so much better. After my op, I wasn’t allowed to do anything, so I spent my first couple of weeks just confined to the house with only little visits into the garden. Gradually, I was able to increase my outings and now I hardly limp at all because my knee is so much more comfortable and is getting better and better each day.
Me and mum are now able to go out for short walks and these will get longer and longer each month which I am really pleased about. I’m going for my first post-op x-ray soon so the vet can see how my knee is healing and, hopefully, by the middle of January, I should be back to my usual activities. I’m really looking forward to being able to go out to play again with my best mate Buddy.
Everyone has been so generous in helping me and mum and I am so very grateful. See you all out and about soon. Bertie. X
- Do you need a cleaner, dog sitter, dog walker? Call Crystal Shine My name is Crystal HinePhone number 07375488629I am able to provide house Cleaning services, commercial Cleaning and general help such as dog walking, dog sitting, shopping trips, getting to doctors appointments, washing, ironing and much more.I’m fully insured and DBS checked. I also work for 3 of the Chideock residents already.If you have any questions or need anymore information please let me know.Thanks for your time.Crystal Hine
- CHRISTMAS MINCE PIE & COFFEE MORNING IN ST.GILES CHURCH Tuesday 18th December The Friends of St.Giles are hosting a Coffee Morning together with a delicious Mince Pie on Tuesday 18th December 10-30 to 12 noon. Please come along and see the church decked out in all its glory to celebrate Christmas. Everyone welcome.Continue reading →
- CHIDEOCK PLAYERS – LAST CALL! Chideock Players – a the recent AGM it was agreed that with regret the group has decided to disband.
We have so few people in the group that it is impossible to continue.
If anyone feels that they can contribute in such a way that the group can carry on please contact
Hilary Baker on 01297 489555 Val Hunt 01279 489305 , Catherine Batten email@example.com
- NEW NOTICEBOARD IN CLAPPS MEAD PLAYING FIELD ADJACENT TO MILL LANE The Chideock & Seatown Community Website has funded a new Noticeboard which has been placed in the playing field adjacent to Mill Lane. At the moment we have decided to keep it locked as this is a ‘magnetic’ board and this time of year posters from outside of the village appear to be stapled-gunned onto boards. If anyone would like to put up a poster please either email it to me and I will print it off and display it or drop it through my letterbox at The Farmers Arms, Mill Lane. This community website makes a little profit from advertisers on the website and to date donations have been made to several village groups and local good causes. Many thanks to Lee Martin for his excellent craftmanship.Continue reading →
- NEW YEAR’S EVE PARTY IN CHIDEOCK VILLAGE HALL New Year’s Eve Party
Join us to welcome in 2019Chideock Village Hall – December 31st 7.30 pm onwardsEveryone welcome, just bring a plate of food to share.Cash Bar available.Ticket includes music and a glass of Prosecco at midnightDress to impress – fancy or posh!Tickets £5 in advance from Jane 01297 489996 or Sue 01297 489520Bring along friends and family and let’s make this a night to remember!
- CHIDEOCK ART GROUP WORKSHOP
You are invited to join us for an exciting
CHIDEOCK ART WORKSHOP
With local artist, Zee Jones
ON MONDAY 3rd DECEMBER 2018 AT 10.30PM – 4.30PM
CHIDEOCK VILLAGE HALL
The cost for the day will be £40 and will include all materials, coffee and afternoon tea and cake [Please bring a packed lunch]
If you would like to come along, please call ……Jane 01297 489996, Liz 01297 480855, or Sue 01297 489520
A deposit of £20 will secure your place.
- BERTIE’S FUNDRAISING UPDATE
Fantastic news. The recent fundraising for Bertie has now reached an amazing £2,182.59
We’d like to thank everyone who has supported our fundraising raffle, fete and ‘Just Giving Page’
FINANCIAL ACCOUNT OF BERTIE FUNDRAISING:
Raffle ticket sales £689.00
Donation of prize £100.00
Just Giving Page (less fees) £850.00
Fete Fundraising (after outgoings) £461.59
Lyn’s Book Box £122.00
Less Licence fee for Raffle £40.00
TOTAL RAISED: £2,182.59
- BERTIE FUNDRAISING RAFFLE PRIZES RESULTS All the raffle prizes were generously donated by local businesses and individuals:
- 3 Night stay at pet-friendly Perry Hay Apartment, Chideock
- £100 donated by Bridport Cottages
- Seafood Platter for 2 at The Anchor, Burton Bradstock
- A boxed magnum of champagne donated by a lovely couple who enjoy Chideock as much as Bertie
- A beautiful gift box of Jessica manicure products worth £55 donated by a regular visitor of Chideock
- £25 voucher of your choice, donated by Chideock and Seatown Website
- 2 Main Meals at The George Inn, Chideock
- £10 Voucher for The Shed Hair and Beauty Boutique
- Doggie Hamper, made up by Fundraising Team
- £10 Voucher for Taylor’s Made Clothing/Crafts
- £10 Voucher for Taylor’s Dog Grooming
Won by Mrs G Wicks
Won by Mr A Sherwin
Won by Mr Studley of Yeovil
Won by ‘Dan’
Won by A Reynolds
Won by Mr & Mrs Speedy
Won by Mrs J Elliot
Won by C Nicholls
Won by Mr and Mrs G Coade
Won by Mr P Rumsby
Won by Mrs F Clift