Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- Strategy Meeting for A.35 through Chideock. Monday 1st July at 10.00am in the Village Hall Continue reading →
10 am on 1 July 2019
Councillors are meeting to discuss the ongoing Parish Council Strategy for the A35 through Chideock and matters relating to how Parish Council business is conducted.
This is not a Parish Council meeting.
No decisions will be made; recommendations will be put to the next Parish Council meeting for formal agreement by resolution.
Members of the public are invited to attend but there will not be a Democratic Period.
Chideock Parish Clerk
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – JULY 2019 Continue reading →
Here’s the July 2019 Chideock News.
- “Scentenary”, Chideock WI Centenary Diffuser Continue reading →
This is the first photograph of the Chideock WI Centenary Diffuser, taken in the kitchen where it was imagined, researched, designed, mixed and ultimately produced. It is made of natural oils carefully researched with expert advice. The fragrance which we have named “Scentenary” in celebration of 100 years of the WI in our village, was selected by WI members from three which were initially developed, and the winner was then trialled for its lasting qualities. Members submitted designs for the label to reflect Chideock’s Jurassic Coast location. The glass bottle and packaging are recyclable, with the transparent wrapping and ribbon chosen to be plastic free and therefore more environmentally friendly. This is a limited production, priced at £12 to reflect the quality of the oils and the cost of similar commercial products.
Our “Scentenary” room diffuser makes an ideal special gift or keepsake and will be on sale at the Party in the Park on Saturday 6th July. Don’t miss out
For further information or to purchase contact Tish Wynford-Thomas (01297 489200) or Lee Ramsden (01297 480941)
- FICTION BOOKS WANTED – Continue reading →
My Book Box in my porch is getting a little empty! As you know for many years I have sold books from my porch for various charities. At the moment it is for The Dogs Trust. If you have any good condition ‘fiction’ books you wish to donate I would be very pleased to take them. Also any DVD’s. Please No encyclopedias. Please leave them at The Farmers Arms, Mill Lane – either in the front porch or around at the back porch. If you need me to collect please give me a ring on 01297 489098. Many thanks….Lyn Crisp – Editor.
- QUIZ NIGHT IN THE VILLAGE HALL – fRIDAY 26TH jULY Continue reading →July Quiz Evening, Friday 26th July 2019Already looking forward to welcoming you all to our next enjoyable Quiz eveningFriday 26th July 2019In the Village Hall715 for 730 PROMPT start£7pp at the doorTo include excellent scummy supperBYO Drinks and GlassesTeams a MAXIMUM of FOUR personsPrizes for top scoring FIVE tablesFabulous Raffle during supper timeLooking forward to seeing you all on the night anda very special hello and welcome to all new residents and visitors to the villageSee you thereJohn your QM for the eveningA very special request!! If any body could pop in at approx 630 to assist in putting out tables and chairsit would be a major help and very very much appreciated. J.
- CREAM TEA IN AID OF BARNARDO’S. CHIDEOCK HOUSE. 27TH JUNE Continue reading →
You are invited to a Cream Tea in aid of Barnardo’s at Chideock House on Main Street by kind permission of Anna & George Dunn. Thursday 27th June at 2-30pm. Cost £6.00 per person. Everyone welcome.
- CHIDEOCK COMMUNITY CAFE Friday 21st June in the Village Hall from 2pm Continue reading →
Community Cafe in the Village hall from 2.00.pm Come along with friends and meet new friends. Everyone welcome. Tea/Coffee, cakes and biscuits.
- FILM NIGHT IN THE VILLAGE HALL FEATURING ‘FAVOURITE’ 25th June Continue reading →
Tuesday 25th June 7pm for 7-30pm. £7.00 Non members..£5.00 members…Membership £2. Tea/Coffee & Popcorn. Choc Ices on sale during the interval. Wine now on sale!! Bring you own beer, nibbles, blankets!! Relax and enjoy.
- CHIDEOCK PLAYERS Continue reading →We wish to notify the village that ‘The Chideock Players’ has decided to disband.A final AGM will be held at ‘The Clock ‘ Inn Chideock Monday 3rd June at 7.30pm – All are welcomeWe are holding a display of our memorabilia/costumes/props and invite you to bring along any you may have and share memories of your time with the group. If there is anything in the way of costumes or props you like you are welcome to take them at the end .
It will be held at Chideock Village Hall on Saturday 13th July 12-4pmany queries please contact Catherine Batten firstname.lastname@example.org or 01308 897944
- CHIDEOCK CHATTERS – LIST OF EVENTS Continue reading →
Chideock Chatter’s is a group of ladies that meets to socialise and have fun.
Why not join us!
Here is a list of what is on this year.
Tues 21 May Pizza night @ The George
Thurs 20 June Walk & Dinner at Symondsbury
Thursday 8th Aug BBQ & Skittles @ Venn Farm North Chideock
Wed 18 Sept Pizza at The George
Sat 19 Oct Walk & Talk at West Bay and lunch @ Rise
Wed 11 Dec Rice & Spice curry meal and Christmas fun @
The Village Hall
email@example.com or phone me on 01297 489996 and we can add you to our list.
- SALISBURY DIOCESAN GUILD OF BELLRINGERS FEATURING CHIDEOCK BELLRINGERS WHO DIED IN WWI Continue reading →
PUBLICATION DATE: 1 MAY 2019
This Booklet has been produced after four years of commemorations across the Guild marking the centenary of the Great War. It is fully illustrated throughout and its cover is taken from an original artwork created for the Guild by Westbury artist Helen Chester (www.helenchesterarts.co.uk).
Contents include: Guild Memorial and Cathedral Commemorations, Ringers from the Diocese who Died (biographical details and details of ringing commemorations), Towers and Branches, The ‘Ypres Bells’, Other Commemorative Ringing and Events, Armistice Centenary and Post war. The Booklet also contains wartime extracts from Guild Reports and The Ringing World.
For the first time, in this publication, you will have in one place information that previously stood separately. The impact of the whole is all the more moving. Guild members and those from beyond will value and appreciate this Booklet both now and in years to come.
An extract from the Foreword to the Booklet by Nicholas Holtam, Bishop of Salisbury and Patron of the Guild.
Lest we forget, this history reminds us of real people and costly lives–people from our communities, our predecessors committed to ringing bells in towers where we now stand. It is good to know them by name and to recognise their significance for us today.
- YOGA IN THE VILLAGE HALL Tuesday mornings from 7th May 2019 Continue reading →
YOGA FOR BEGINNERS With Angie
CHIDEOCK VILLAGE HALL
TUESDAY MORNINGS 11.30am TO 1pm
£9 PER SESSION
FOR MORE INFORMATION PHONE
01297 489996 or just turn up!
All ages, men & women are welcome! Come and give it a go…
Warren House Bed and Breakfast Main Street Chideock Dorset DT6 6JW 01297 489 996 www.warrenhousechideock.co.uk