Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – DEC 2021/JAN 2022
CHILDRENS CHRISTMAS PARTY
SATURDAY 18TH DECEMBER 2-30PM TO 5.00PM
IN CHIDEOCK VILLAGE HALL
Join us with PROFESSOR BUMBLE for a 50 minute show of clowning, magic, juggling, slapstick comedy with lots of audience participation followed by balloon animals for all the children. A delicious Christmas Tea will then be served and a visit from Father Christmas who will be ‘popping in’ with lovely presents for all the children.
- Dorset Council Car Parks Can’t Accept Cash at the Moment.Dorset Council Car Parks Can’t Accept Cash at the Moment.Drivers using Dorset Council car parks are being asked to use cashless payments due to ongoing disruption to many ticket machines across the county.If a machine is currently unable to accept cash payment, drivers will still need to pay for parking via a cashless method.This may involve using a phone and will require locating the unique car park identification number. This is displayed on signs throughout the car park and can also be found on the side of the payment machine.There are four cashless options to choose from:• Downloading the Just Park app to your smartphone• Paying by mobile phone, using details found on the side of the payment machine• For those without a smartphone, you can register with JustPark online at home and pay by SMS (text message) in the car park• Some car park payment machines offer debit/credit card payment, this can be checked in advance online at dorsetcouncil.gov.uk/parkingDrivers may find it beneficial to set some of these options up in advance, such as inputting car registration and card details into the JustPark app while at home or registering for SMS payment online.Cllr Ray Bryan, Dorset Council’s Portfolio Holder for Highways, Travel and Environment, said: “We’re sorry for this disruption. This is very much a temporary measure and we are working hard to reinstate cash payments, which we know are the preferred option for many of our residents.“Please be prepared to use a cashless method of payment while we work through this issue, it’s going to take several weeks to get cash payments operating again.”It’s hoped that cash payments will be available again in all car parks by early December.
- Chideock Community Cafe Friday 19th November – in the village hall.
Chideock Community Café In Chideock Village Hall
FRIDAY 19th November 2021 From 2.30pm until 4.30pm
Come along with friends or meet some new ones.
Everyone is welcome
Tea/Coffee & Cakes/biscuits available
We look forward to seeing you!!Continue reading →
- CHILDREN ENJOY A GREAT HALLOWEEN PARTY
Some 36 children – and a lot of parents – enjoyed themselves at the Halloween Party in the village hall on saturday last. Dancing and games and a special Halloween Tea ensured a great fun afternoon. Hosted by The Friends of Clapps Mead – Lizzie, Anna and Lyn.Continue reading →
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – NOVEMBER 2021
- WI Christmas Cracker
- LEISURE BUILDING AT GOLDEN CAP HOLIDAY PARK.
I have been asked to show the ‘amendment’ of the proposed new Leisure Complex at Golden Cap Holiday Park as some people appear to be having trouble finding it on the planning website. Above is an ‘artist impression’ of the new building. This is being put to the planning authority as an ‘amendment’ to the plans passed in 2012. Below is an ‘artist impression’ done by a member of the community back in 2012 of the proposed Leisure Centre which was approved back in 2012.
This ‘amendments – with others is up for ‘consultation’The deadline for comments is 11th October (according the main page of the application) so hopefully people can be motivated to give their views on this. The Parish Council will be discussing this at the next Parish Council Meeting Tuesday 28th September at 10.00am. You will have the opportunity to express your view during the Democratic Period.
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – OCTOBER 2021
- BEAUTIFUL CYCLAMEN IN MILL LANE BRIDLEWAY
BEAUTIFUL CYCLAMEN ALONGSIDE MILL LANE BRIDLEPATH
photo by Meash maskell.Continue reading →