Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- CHRISTMAS ‘FAMILY’ BINGO – THURSDAY 6TH DECEMBER Continue reading →FAMILY CHRISTMAS BINGOThursday 6th DecemberChideock Village HallEyes down 7.30pm. Adults and children welcome.
- WHY NOT TRY BEAMINSTER CHRISTMAS SHOPPING? Continue reading →
If you haven’t ticked all those boxes yet on your Christmas list, give Beaminster a try. Our neighbours have had a bit of a tough year with the bank heist so why not venture a little further than Bridport or Lyme and give them a helping hand.
Beaminster have a wonderful array of shops and boast a new addition to local shopping with a pop-up seasonal shop, Boarbarrow Gifts and Crafts, where decorations and gift ideas for all ages can be found, from felt toys to hand made Christmas wreaths. Read more ..
- WI CHRISTMAS FAYRE – 8/12/2018 Continue reading →
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – DEC/JAN 2019 Continue reading →
Here’s the December 2018/January 2019 Chideock News.
- A Big Thankyou from Bertie Continue reading →
Hello Everyone, it’s Bertie here. I would just like to thank everyone who helped my mum raise money for my knee surgery.
It’s been 8 weeks now since I had my knee operation and I’m feeling so much better. After my op, I wasn’t allowed to do anything, so I spent my first couple of weeks just confined to the house with only little visits into the garden. Gradually, I was able to increase my outings and now I hardly limp at all because my knee is so much more comfortable and is getting better and better each day.
Me and mum are now able to go out for short walks and these will get longer and longer each month which I am really pleased about. I’m going for my first post-op x-ray soon so the vet can see how my knee is healing and, hopefully, by the middle of January, I should be back to my usual activities. I’m really looking forward to being able to go out to play again with my best mate Buddy.
Everyone has been so generous in helping me and mum and I am so very grateful. See you all out and about soon. Bertie. X
- Do you need a cleaner, dog sitter, dog walker? Call Crystal Shine Continue reading →My name is Crystal HinePhone number 07375488629I am able to provide house Cleaning services, commercial Cleaning and general help such as dog walking, dog sitting, shopping trips, getting to doctors appointments, washing, ironing and much more.I’m fully insured and DBS checked. I also work for 3 of the Chideock residents already.If you have any questions or need anymore information please let me know.Thanks for your time.Crystal Hine
- A TRIBUTE TO THE LIFE OF KATE GERAGHTY. Tuesday 11th December. Continue reading →
A ‘TRIBUTE’ TO THE LIFE OF KATE GERAGHTY 1940 – 2018
Sadly, Kate lost her long battle against cancer in October of this year. Kate was tireless in her duty towards the community in which she lived. She believed in community, she believed in community spirit and in community responsibility. She served on Chideock Parish Council for 25 years. She was the inspiration behind and the Chairperson of ‘The Bopper Bus’.
As a founder member of The Chideock Society – the Society wish to honour her commitment to the village and invite you to join us to ‘share memories’ of Kate in the Village Hall on Tuesday 11th December at 2.30pm.
Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served.
Everyone is very welcome.
- CHRISTMAS MINCE PIE & COFFEE MORNING IN ST.GILES CHURCH Tuesday 18th December Continue reading →
The Friends of St.Giles are hosting a Coffee Morning together with a delicious Mince Pie on Tuesday 18th December 10-30 to 12 noon. Please come along and see the church decked out in all its glory to celebrate Christmas. Everyone welcome.
- CASUAL VACANCY – CHIDEOCK PARISH COUNCIL Continue reading →
CHIDEOCK PARISH COUNCIL VACANCY FOR A COUNCILLOR TO BE FILLED BY CO-OPTION
Anyone who is interested in serving the community in this way and who wishes to be a candidate for co-option should contact the Clerk by 20 November. E-mail: Chideock@dorset-aptc.gov.uk Mail: 60 North Allington Bridport DT6 5DY Clerk – Date: 31 October.
If successful, you will be required to complete an entry in the parish council’s register of members’ interests. This involves putting your address, employment, relevant major shareholdings and membership of charities, pressure groups, political parties etc., on public record. Qualifying Criteria Age 18 or over One of the following conditions applies: • is an elector of the Parish • has for the previous 12 months owned or rented land or premises in the Parish • has for the previous 12 months worked primarily within the Parish has for the past 12 months either resided in the Parish or within 3 miles of it.
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – NOVEMBER 2018 Continue reading →
Here’s the November 2018 Chideock News.
- CHIDEOCK PLAYERS – LAST CALL! Continue reading →Chideock Players – a the recent AGM it was agreed that with regret the group has decided to disband.
We have so few people in the group that it is impossible to continue.
If anyone feels that they can contribute in such a way that the group can carry on please contact
Hilary Baker on 01297 489555 Val Hunt 01279 489305 , Catherine Batten email@example.com
- NEW NOTICEBOARD IN CLAPPS MEAD PLAYING FIELD ADJACENT TO MILL LANE Continue reading →
The Chideock & Seatown Community Website has funded a new Noticeboard which has been placed in the playing field adjacent to Mill Lane. At the moment we have decided to keep it locked as this is a ‘magnetic’ board and this time of year posters from outside of the village appear to be stapled-gunned onto boards. If anyone would like to put up a poster please either email it to me and I will print it off and display it or drop it through my letterbox at The Farmers Arms, Mill Lane. This community website makes a little profit from advertisers on the website and to date donations have been made to several village groups and local good causes. Many thanks to Lee Martin for his excellent craftmanship.