Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- PARISH COUNCIL MEETING MONDAY 24TH APRIL
- FILM NIGHT AT THE VILLAGE HALL – TUESDAY 25TH APRIL AT 7 PM
- QUIZ NIGHT. 28th April in Chideock Village Hall Where is it held? The Village Hall. When is it? Friday 28th April. What time? 715 for 730pm.How much is it? £7pp on the door. Any catering? yes a fabulous supper included. What about Drinks? BYO and glassesCan any body join in? Yes EVERYBODY welcome. Any rules? yes a few – teams upto to four players and prizes to top five teams!!
- CHIDEOCK IN THE 1840’S. History presentation. 11th April.
Tuesday 11th April.Chideock Society. A presentation by Bruce Upton on Chideock in the1840’s. Using some of the large collection of photos and historical records from the Bridport Museum Archive, come and find out how parts of the village once appeared and how former residents lived their lives. Refreshments and Raffle. Members FREE, Visitors £4.
- HOT CROSS BUN & COFFEE MORNING. Village Hall. April 11th at 10-30am.
- W.I. HOMEMADE FOOD STALL – EASTER SATURDAY 15TH APRIL
- HIGHWWAY CLOSURES IN NORTH ROAD AND NORTH CHIDEOCK.
Temporary Traffic Regulation Notice – Various Roads, North Chideock
We need to temporarily restrict the use of various roads listed below To enable us to safely carry out surface dressing to the road, we need to temporarily close:
Venn Lane 10th May – 15th May 2017
Brighthay Lane 10th May – 15th May 2017
Hell Lane 10th May – 15th May 2017
Butt Lane 10th May – 15th May 2017
Carter’s Lane 10th May – 15th May 2017
North Road 11th May – 16th May 2017
Yenhay Lane 11th May – 16th May 2017
The scheme itself will be carried out using rolling road closures, weather permitting. Whilst each road is closed a signed local diversion will be put up to enable traffic to travel around the closed section with gatemen posted at points of closure to address any queries.
The closure will be in place between the hours of 08:30 and 17:00 hours. The road will be open at night and on
weekends. The detail of the section of road affected is on the attached plan. No two roads will be closed at the same
time. Allowances for school transport will be made, if you can; please provide us, in email, with vehicle registrations and a time period they could pass through the closure so we are aware.
Vehicular and pedestrian access will be maintained. However there maybe a time where public are asked to wait whilst the works pass. A small surplus of loose chippings will remain on the surface for up to 48 hours. This will be removed by a suction sweeper.
If you want to discuss any issues regarding the closures please contact me
Yours sincerely Steve Higgs, Site Agent Dorset Highways, Dorset County Council. Email – firstname.lastname@example.org Telephone – 01305 221000
- GODZONE – TUESDAY, 16TH MAY 7 PM VILLAGE HALL
A Celebration of the landscape of New Zealand through Science, Art and Literature by Prof. Denys Brunsden
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – APRIL 2017
Sorry it’s late posting but here’s the April 2017 Chideock News.