Welcome to the Chideock and Seatown Community Website. This website belongs to ‘the community’ and is all about Chideock, North Chideock and Seatown. We hope these pages will be of interest to both local residents and visitors to our village.
Chideock is an amazingly busy village with lots of groups that anyone can join and lots of entertainment and events that are happening so please take your time to look through our website – not forgetting our stunning Photo Galleries.
If you are a visitor to this beautiful part of West Dorset please check out our Accommodation Guide.
- CHIDEOCK A35 QUESTIONNAIRE
Following on from the A35 road meeting last year with Oliver Letwin and under duress the Parish Council asked for volunteers to set up a route for a bypass and to access the local support for a bypass. A local Working Group has now been formed under the chairmanship of Derek Maxwell.
The group have now considered a route which has been made shorter. Part of the remit was to assess the opinion of our local population which is why this questionnaire was made. Please fill in the questionnaire and deliver to the postbox on the outside of Chideock House, Main Street, Chideock. Copies will be distributed to houses in the village but in the meantime please print off and fill in the ‘linked’ copy.
- CHIDEOCK SOCIETY SKITTLES AND VITTLES SATURDAY 25TH FEBRUARY From the Chideock Society:It’s Back! Our popular Skittles and Vittles evening returns.We were sad not to be able to run the popular Skittle and Vittles evening last year but, with The Clock’s triumphant return, we’re delighted to be able to run it this year: on Saturday 25th February, 7.30 pm start, in The Clock’s skittles alley. There will be Prizes, Raffle and Snacks too.Tickets:Members on the day and non-members: £5.00Members’ saver: book before Thursday 23rd February by email and tickets are £4.00. Reply to this email address with your name, number of tickets needed and a contact phone number.COMING SOON….Monday 20th MarchColin Varndell: wildlife and countryside photographer.The last time Colin gave a talk with his photographs was a sell-out occasion. This year he returns with yet more amazing images in his ‘Close Encounters’ illustrated talk. More information soon…..Note that this talk replaces the previously announced “Coastguards and Smugglers talk listed for Mon14th March.
- Blues, Folk and Contemporary Music With HiDDeN 11th MARCH
- Ladies Cinema Night – 22nd March
- PARISH COUNCIL MINUTES NOVEMBER 2016
- AGENDA FOR PARISH COUNCIL MEETING 31 JAN 2016
- CHIDEOCK NEWS – FEB 2017
Just out – the February 2017 Chideock News.
- Mine, Yours, Ours – Your say on the NHS in Dorset
MINE. YOURS. OURS.
THE NHS BELONGS TO ALL OF US – MAKE SURE YOU HAVE YOUR SAY.
- THE VILLAGE HALL TO HAVE A FACELIFT!
The painting of the village hall is to commence at the end of March 2017
Chris Gasson of Urban Improvements has offered to undertake the work along with a few local helpers. Chris moved to Chideock with his partner Kerry and 3 young children early last year and wants to play his part in the community.
I know from first-hand experience the quality of Chris’s work and am very pleased that he has offered to do this painting.
Jane @ Warren House B&B